intermezzo : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a short movement coming between the major sections of a symphony
- n a short piece of instrumental music composed for performance between acts of a drama or opera
- n a brief show (music or dance etc) inserted between the sections of a longer performance
- And scattered throughout the galleries and acting as a unifying intermezzo is the sculptural furniture of Scott Burton.
- From their brief intermezzo of glory under Russia's exclusive occupation, they retained only one dull portfolio (Power Electricity) and three seats in Parliament.
- For one act the bassoon choir came out like monks and played an intermezzo; for another, little Carl Rink aped a violin prodigy while the other musicians played cards, rustled .
News & Articles
- Intermezzo still mixing it up after 10 years
The Intermezzo Chamber Music Series returns this week to enrich the musical diets of Salt Lake-area listeners. Series president David Porter promises a balanced menu of familiar and unusual fare, performed by seasoned veterans and newcomers. “Because of the recent influx of such numbers of new players [in the Utah Symphony], we have a lot of players to feature,” said Porter, a violinist who ...
July 5, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Glenn in CNNMoney.com (press release)
This is the second USPTO Notice of Allowance issued to Transcept to cover our proprietary low-dose sublingual IntermezzoÂ® formulation. We are pleased with the continued progress of our patent prosecution efforts,commented Glenn A. Oclassen,...