- r to the degree or extent that
insofar as it can be ascertained, the horse lung is comparable to that of man
- What they saw was a large, relatively expensive, curiously styled Mercury--curious insofar as the vertical grille looked like a midwife's view of labor and delivery.
- Understanding economics is important, but only insofar as it advances the policy debate of the day.
- Their names are engraved on empty graves, their books are dummies, they are complete nonentities insofar as my taste in reading is concerned.
News & Articles
- Pandora isn't afraid of iTunes Radio
After years of speculation, Apple on Monday finally released iTunes Radio , Cupertino's take on a streaming music recommendation service. iTunes Radio, of course, is entering a market already populated by some heavy-hitting competition, namely Pandora and Spotify. While Spotify is unique (and amazing) insofar as it allows users to stream specific songs on demand, Pandora's bread and butter is in ...
June 11, 2013 - The Unofficial Apple Weblog
- Legislators’ few hits offset by embarrassing misses
I’ve been accused of being a Kenyan-born, Muslim socialist. The truth is, however, my aims are far more moderate — for Nevada to be a little more like Massachusetts, though of course retaining our cherished ideal of ready access to guns, booze and the craps table. Insofar as Nevada’s Democratic majority shares this modest goal of mine, how did they perform during the recently ended legislative ...
June 9, 2013 - Las Vegas Sun
- This Week In Trailers: A Girl and a Gun, Welcome to Pine Hill, Museum Hours, Hot Flashes, The Comedian
Trailers are an under-appreciated art form insofar that many times they’re seen as vehicles for showing footage, explaining films away, or showing their hand about what moviegoers can expect. Foreign, domestic, independent, big budget: What better way to hone your skills as a thoughtful moviegoer than by deconstructing these little pieces of advertising? This week [...]
June 7, 2013 - /Film
- Dennis Prager in Washington Post
In his column last week, Prager wrote: "Insofar as a member of Congress taking an oath to serve America and uphold its values is concerned, America is interested in only one book, the Bible. If you are incapable of taking an oath on that book, don't...
- Nicolas Sarkozy in RIA Novosti
Bush said he looked forward to hosting this meeting in the near future, but Sarkozy reminded him that, "insofar as the crisis began in New York, then the global solution must be found to this crisis in New York."
- Stephen Breyer in Los Angeles Times
I can find nothing in the 2nd Amendment's text, history or underlying rationale that could warrant characterizing it as 'fundamental' insofar as it seeks to protect the keeping and bearing of arms for private self-defense purposes,Breyer...