- r in a harmfully insidious manner
these drugs act insidiously
- Beck makes sure to mention the Today connection, leaving you with the vague impression that Matt Lauer is insidiously using Miley Cyrus to lure us into a trap set by Joe Stalin.
- Frenchmen, clutching crisp or crinkly banknotes, felt their wealth oozing from them as insidiously as though they grasped a handful of slime.
- Solution: Stage insidiously witty, smart stunts: 7-Elevens are transformed into Simpsonian Kwik-E Marts.
News & Articles
- Brenda Wang | Let's get the Mandarin
The United States and China are in a time of ever increasing political tension, leading both Americans and Chinese to regard the other as a threat to their own way of life. Such fears are expressed not only through the characterization of fictional supervillains, but — more insidiously — through unconscious stereotyping.
June 28, 2013 - Daily Pennsylvanian
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn in Indie Wire
In "The Gulag Archipelago," Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn wrote, "If only there were evil people somewhere, insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and...
- Jacques Chirac in guardian.co.uk
Discrimination, anti-semitism, racism - all kinds of racism are spreading insidiously,Mr Chirac said. "I ask [the French] to remind their children of the mortal danger of fanaticism, of exclusion, of cowardliness and resignation to...
- Richard Blumenthal in New York Times
Our battle against alcoholic energy drinks has stopped some products,Mr. Blumenthal said, "but others are insidiously exploiting the void."