- n an affront to one's dignity or self-esteem
- She endured the expected teasing over this indignity, but dutifully lugged the name through high school, apologizing for it each time she introduced herself in a new town.
- But, of course, carrying bottles or cups of liquid through security is verboten, and paying four or five bucks for a bottle of water inside security is just another indignity that .
- Death or deep freeze is the fate of any embryo spared by the Bush policy from the indignity of contributing to medical progress.
News & Articles
- Is Jason Garrett the Most Powerless Man in Entire NFL?
For most football coaches, at any level, becoming a head coach in the NFL is the ultimate goal, the top of the mountain, the pinnacle of their profession. Jason Garrett of the Dallas Cowboys should serve as a lesson that those coaches should be careful what they wish for...they just might get it. The latest indignity suffered by the beleaguered head coach of the Dallas Cowboys happened Tuesday ...
June 12, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Anthony Weiner Apologizes for Sexting Story That Isn’t Even Out Yet
This morning, the New York Times pulled an Anthony Weiner–on-Twitter move on a story about Anthony Weiner's sexting sins, prematurely publishing a story headlined "For Women in Weiner Scandal, Indignity Lingers" before pulling it in favor of a "production note."
June 11, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Nuggets' Josh Kroenke makes a reasonable case for self-destruction
Offseason coaching changes are always preferred to midseason ones, and there is a certain sort of indignity for well-respected coaches who find themselves on Hoopshype all through November and December.
June 8, 2013 - Philly.com
- Mitch McConnell in The Hill (blog)
McConnell said the ceremony helps "tell the rest of the story ...... to acknowledge the profound indignity that the slaves who helped clear this land and lay these stones must have suffered in building this great monument to freedom; to remind...
- Shami Chakrabarti in International Herald Tribune
A database of those convicted of sexual and violent crime is a perfectly sensible crime-fighting measure,Chakrabarti said. "A database of every man, woman and child in the country is a chilling proposal, ripe for indignity, error and...
- Kevin Rudd in Melbourne Herald Sun
And for the indignity and degradation thus inflicted on a proud people and a proud culture, we say sorry,Mr Rudd says.