impedimenta : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any structure that makes progress difficult
- n the baggage and equipment carried by an army
- He wore high rubber boots, and carried the classic impedimenta of espionage: a camera, binoculars, maps and a notebook.
- When the cops arrived, they found pans, bundles and other impedimenta from the mule's pack scattered over the highway, and the beast itself engaged in a tug of war with Owner .
- Critic Van Doren has not attempted an exhaustive account, writes without footnotes or scholarly impedimenta.
- Samantha Cameron in guardian.co.uk
Ivan had to travel everywhere in a special van with a ramp and the family had to make sure they had what Cameron called "the impedimenta - special this and special that".