hypogonadism : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n incompetence of the gonads (especially in the male with low testosterone); results in deficient development of secondary sex characteristics and (in prepubertal males) a body with long legs and a short trunk
- Vest Howard cautiously warned: "It is only a substitution therapy, and certainly in instances of marked hypogonadism under-functioning of the sex organs it must be given .
- About 800,000 American men take prescription testosterone, in some cases to treat hypogonadism (abnormally low testosterone levels), in others to boost normal testosterone .
- About 800,000 American men take prescription testosterone, in some cases to treat hypogonadism (abnormally low testosterone levels), in others to boost normal testosterone levels .
News & Articles
- Testosterone Tx Up Threefold in 10 Years
A release from the university reports that about 50 percent of the men in the study who had been diagnosed as having hypogonadism, a condition where a man is unable to produce the normal levels of testosterone.
July 31, 2013 - ThirdAge
- Casey Stoner in AFP
As we have previously stated, we have been evaluating dosing regimens that we believe optimize the replacement of testosterone in men with hypogonadism. I am extremely pleased that the dosing regimen evaluated in this study accomplishes this... Glenn http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNErmrlxQnvsKxMArOnLMjD1-fuoRg CNNMoney.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/prnewswire/NETU01422012008-1.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEw4-14CWG7X13EuEOOzUX4d_erwQ Jan 22, 2008
49109 66735 hypotension Doctors who treated Stoner, who turns 24 in two weeks, said their tests did show up arterial hypotension and a lack of sodium, two anomalies which could be the principal factors" behind the weakness he complained of when taken ill.