honesty : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the quality of being honest
- n southeastern European plant cultivated for its fragrant purplish flowers and round flat papery silver-white seedpods that are used for indoor decoration
- AHA! stands for active honesty assessment.
- Musical and lyrical honesty has always been a core hip-hop value--then again, so has exaggeration.
- She did it with self-deprecating humor, brutal honesty and no small amount of grace.
News & Articles
- Hanson: When untruth undermines democracy
Truth is the lifeblood of democracy. Without honesty, the foundations of consensual government crumble. If the Internal Revenue Service acts unlawfully, our voluntary system of citizens computing their own taxes implodes.
June 21, 2013 - The St. Augustine Record
- We need a mayor who works in the open
I read in last week’s Stratford Star an interview with the mayor in which he informed us that he works behind the scene. While I appreciate Mr. Harkins’ honesty about the way he operates, I think that Stratford doesn’t need a mayor who works secretly behind the scene.
June 20, 2013 - Stratford Star
- Young Dodgers fan wears his heart on his sleeve in Giants country
Casey Johnstone is a YouTube star after professing his adoration for Dodgers in fifth-grade graduation speech in heart of Giants country. His honesty and innocence draw gasps, laughs and a special request. Casey Johnstone is a YouTube star after professing his adoration for Dodgers in fifth-grade graduation speech in heart of Giants country. His honesty and innocence draw gasps, laughs and a ...
June 19, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Muir Russell in USA Today
Their rigor and honesty as scientists are not in doubt,concluded the third and most comprehensive investigation into the emails. "But we do find that there has been a consistent pattern of failing to display the proper degree of openness."
- Dane Cook in TheRecordLive.com
Dane Cook, comedian, paying tribute to departing American Idol judge Simon Cowell said, "You have the honesty of Abe Lincoln and the charm of the guy who shot him."
- Scott McClellan in News1130
The Bush White House made "a decision to turn away from candour and honesty when those qualities were most needed" - a time when the United States was on the brink of war, McClellan writes in his forthcoming book entitled "What Happened:...