holography : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the branch of optics that deals with the use of coherent light from a laser in order to make a hologram that can then be used to create a three-dimensional image
- Though holography is the subject of intense research in commercial and university laboratories across the country, its practical use has been limited by two handicaps: holograms .
- University of Michigan Physicists Emmett Leith and Juris Uptanieks made Gabor's holography a practical reality.
- It is turning holography (three-dimensional photography) into an exciting new adjunct of diagnostic medicine, civil engineering and computer technology.
News & Articles
- Jumbo 3D Holograms of Human Anatomy Enliven Med-School Lectures
PowerPoints ? Forget it. Instructional film? Nah. White board? Boring. Instead, two UK teachers are experimenting with a more interesting way to spice up in-class lectures. Kapil Sugand and Pedro Campos, junior doctors from St. George's University of London, presented holograms of life-like images to students in their latest seminar. Called HAMLET (Holography-Assisted Medical Lecturing and E ...
July 3, 2013 - Mashable