- r used in negative statement to describe a situation that has existed up to this point or up to the present time
- So reported PTI Correspondent Donald Neff, one of the first newsmen to fly in last week to the hitherto obscure hamlet of Jonestown in the jungles of Guyana, on the northern .
- Their consent will be a boon to the entire radio industry, hitherto befuddled by patent confusion.
- Although not a gamer, I'm drawn to the PS3 and the Xbox 360 (and its new trimmings) as feats of hitherto unseen technological wonder.
News & Articles
- Timeline: Recent events in Iran
LONDON (Reuters) - Here is a look at recent events in Iran as the nation prepares to vote on Friday for a successor to President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who by law could not run for a third term. June 2005 - In a stunning upset, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the hitherto little-known mayor of Tehran, defeats former president Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani in a run-off vote for the presidency. February-March 2008 ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Can You Tell The Difference Between Russia And The United States' Internet Surveillance Programs?
The entire internet is abuzz over Glenn Greenwald's coverage of PRISM, and the hitherto unknown scale of the NSA's electronic surveillance of Americans.
June 9, 2013 - Forbes
- Today in history: June 9, 2013
In 1913: The grasshopper plague in the north was attacking orchards and alfalfa fields in five counties. It was much more serious than hitherto reported. The pests were creating much more damage in fruit trees in Fresno, Tehama, Glenn, Placer and Sacramento counties.
June 9, 2013 - The Record Searchlight
- Ambika Soni in Press Trust of India
The amendment is proposed to give "independent rights to authors of literary and musical works in cinematograph films, which were hitherto denied and wrongfully exploited by producers and music companies," Information and Broadcasting Minister...
- Karl Marx in guardian.co.uk
As Marx and Engels wrote at the start of the 1848 Communist Manifesto: "The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggle."
- John Howard in Sydney Morning Herald
Earlier today I accepted the resignation of Santo Santoro as Minister for Ageing,Mr Howard said. "After a detailed review of his financial records, required by me, he provided advice indicating a number of investments not hitherto...