herbarium : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a collection of dried plants that are mounted and systematically classified for study
- The herbarium is a storehouse of diversity, organized in manageable units.
- The gardens also house the herbarium where much work has been done on breeding the orchids for which Singapore is famous.
- A sculpture from the time of Charlemagne is surrounded by plants listed in an old herbarium of the period.
News & Articles
- A synthesis of the 36451 specimens from the UNEX Herbarium in a new data paper
( Pensoft Publishers ) A new peer reviewed open access data paper published in Phytokeys offers a comprehensive synthesis of the 36451 specimens preserved in the herbarium of the University of Extremadura (UNEX Herbarium) in an attempt to disseminate the data contained, and promote their multiple uses. All data in the collection can be easily accessed through the GBIF data portal.
June 19, 2013 - EurekAlert!