hemodialysis : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n dialysis of the blood to remove toxic substances or metabolic wastes from the bloodstream; used in the case of kidney failure
- Inside the abdominal cavity, a complex chemical movement, as in conventional hemodialysis, slowly begins.
- The California researchers isolated the peptide from material filtered from the blood of schizophrenic patients who had undergone hemodialysisblood purification by kidney .
News & Articles
- Teleflex gets FDA clearance for ARROW catheters
Teleflex has announced it has received FDA clearance to market its ARROW NextStep Retrograde Femoral Length Dialysis Catheters. The ARROW NextStep Retrograde Hemodialysis Catheter is the first of its kind ...
June 10, 2013 - Theflyonthewall.com via Yahoo! Finance
- Dialysis patients, doctors often out of sync on prognosis
For most kidney disease patients, nephrologists will not offer any prognostic estimates. As a consequence, most seriously ill patients on hemodialysis often are overly optimistic about their odds of survival, said a study published online May 27 in JAMA Internal Medicine , formerly the Archives of Internal Medicine .
June 10, 2013 - American Medical Association
- CryoLife Receives CE Mark For HeRo® Graft
ATLANTA, June 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CryoLife, Inc. (NYSE: CRY), a leading tissue processing and medical device company focused on cardiac and vascular surgery, announced today achievement of a CE (Conformite Europeenne) Mark for the HeRO (Hemodialysis Reliable Outflow) Graft system...
June 10, 2013 - PR Newswire
- Elias Zerhouni in National Institutes of Health (press release)
Since most of the 470,000 Americans with kidney failure depend on hemodialysis for survival, there is a clear and compelling need to evaluate therapies that reduce or prevent access failure,said NIH Director Elias A. Zerhouni, MD "These...
- Cathy Cox in Medical News Today (press release)
We applaud NxStage for continuing to innovate in ways that help us bring home hemodialysis to more patients,said Cathy Cox, Home Program Coordinator at Clarian-Indiana University Hospital in Indianapolis, Indiana. "With this new product,...
- George Lopez in PR Newswire (press release)
The Tego Connector is a major advancement in the area of hemodialysis treatment,said Dr. George Lopez, founder and CEO of ICU Medical. "This needle-free product is uniquely designed to protect and defend the patient from bloodstream...