helplessly : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r in a helpless manner
the crowd watched him helplessly
- Pilgrim ricochets helplessly from decade to decade, living the episodes of his life in no particular sequence, not excluding his own death, his capture by aliens called .
- His father was irascible, witty, hard drinking and ruinously improvident; his mother, a devout Roman Catholic, helplessly watched her husband and family slide into near poverty and .
- Mai's family sat helplessly while she was dragged into a room, even as she screamed and pleaded for mercy.
News & Articles
- Parents of girl killed in Qatar fire fear justice won’t be served
Georgia State professor Grace O watched helplessly as smoke billowed from the Qatar shopping mall, knowing her 2-1/2-year-old daughter, Zeinah, was trapped at a nursery inside.
June 19, 2013 - Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- Neighbors tried in vain to save West Hills mother of two Michelle Kane from knife wounds
Retired photographer Loni Specter watched helplessly Saturday morning as a 43-year-old mother of two who was allegedly stabbed by her estranged husband took her final gasps in the street next to his home. | ARREST: LAUSD teacher Michael Kane arrested in Joshua Tree | NEIGHBORS: They tried to save mother of two from stab wounds | ATTORNEYS: Michelle Kane repeatedly asked for police protection
June 17, 2013 - Los Angeles Daily News
- Darien Times editorial: Moving forward
Something is clearly wrong when nearly 150 people show up to a meeting to discuss their concerns with special education. Story after story , each more appalling than the next, brought tears to the eyes of those who had felt similar emotions as they helplessly watched their children’s education slip away.
June 14, 2013 - The Darien Times
- Melinda Gates in Seattle Times
Every day, thousands of mothers watch helplessly as their children die from a disease that we have known how to prevent for decades,Gates said in a statement, calling the toll a "moral outrage."
- Alicia Silverstone in FOXNews
I am afraid because I have a fear of storms,Silverstone says melodramatically. "I'm a Massachusetts mother helplessly standing by as the schools teach my children that gay marriage is okay. I also have an issue with their hot lunch...
- Joan Barfoot in 660 News
We're so used to being in control of as much as we possibly can be,Barfoot says. "We're used to having a choice, and I think we will not be as meekly or helplessly set aside as we have perhaps imposed on our own elders. We're going to be...