hastily : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r in a hurried or hasty manner
hastily, he scanned the headlines
- The episode showed Clinton and his aides acting hastily, naively and cavalierly in brushing aside Baird's early warning that she had employed two undocumented Peruvians in her home.
- Kibaki was hastily sworn in and promptly banned live TV as the violence surged in the streets.
- In 1915 Ben-Gurion, expelled from Palestine for his nationalist and socialist activities, chose to go to New York City, where he hastily taught himself English and plunged head on .
News & Articles
- Tour to visit likely sites of Pittsburgh's Civil War forts
Two tours to the likely locations of five forts, known as redoubts, hastily assembled near the end of the Civil War, will be held Saturday.
June 17, 2013 - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- Rugby-Patched up Lions brace for Brumbies challenge
By Ian Ransom MELBOURNE, June 16 (Reuters) - The British and Irish Lions' hopes of victory in their last tour match before facing Australia will be tested by a hastily-assembled backline and an ACT Brumbies side keen to inflict a timely psychological blow in Canberra on Tuesday. Like all the provincial sides thrown to the Lions, the Brumbies will front up with a starting 15 robbed of their best ...
June 16, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- The Mad Men Guide to Being a Father
Father’s Day fast approaches, a time for the dads of this nation to receive hastily chosen golf-themed presents and potentially E. coli’d breakfasts in bed. But through all the family hoopla, a father's thoughts during this holiday can turn to the self-reflective, “Am I the best dad I can be?” ... More »
June 14, 2013 - Vulture
- Robert Gates in New York Times
Doing it hastily is very risky,Mr. Gates said.
- Charlize Theron in Washington Post
The decision-making process for going into Iraq was very hastily done, and I think the facts weren't there, and I just don't think you go to war for those reasons,Theron, 32, told Associated Press Television in an interview. "I think the...