- n Scottish geneticist (son of John Haldane) who contributed to the development of population genetics; a popularizer of science and a Marxist (1892-1964)
- n Scottish physiologist and brother of Richard Haldane and Elizabeth Haldane; noted for research into industrial diseases (1860-1936)
- n Scottish writer and sister of Richard Haldane and John Haldane (1862-1937)
- n Scottish statesman and brother of Elizabeth and John Haldane (1856-1928)
News & Articles
- Bank Of England's Haldane: "We've Intentionally Blown The Biggest Bond Bubble In History"
The Bank of England's Andrew Haldane is not a man to mince his words (see here and here ) but perhaps the excess truthiness in his latest testimony to British MPs may have many questioning his ability as a central-banker (unable to lie when it is required). "Let's be clear. We've intentionally blown the biggest government bond bubble in history," Haldane said. "We need to be vigilant to the ...
June 13, 2013 - Zero Hedge
- Senator Paul calls for lawsuit over government surveillance
By Matt Haldane WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican Senator Rand Paul on Thursday encouraged Americans to be part of a class-action lawsuit against the U.S. government for its vast domestic surveillance program his latest salvo against the Obama administration's national security measures. Paul, a Tea Party favorite who is seen as a contender for the 2016 presidential race, announced his plans at ...
June 13, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- BoE's Haldane says Co-op must take further action
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's Co-operative Group needs to be made more resilient after the bank's surprise recent credit rating downgrade, a senior Bank of England official said on Wednesday. Andrew Haldane, ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Finance