grotesquerie : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n ludicrous or incongruous unnaturalness or distortion
- IN a world that thought itself accustomed to horror, it was yet another notch on an ever-rising scale of grotesquerie.
- But Lewis may strike it rich with his latest gourmet grotesquerie: lollipops flavored with jalapeo peppers.
- They stayed away from the Wednesday's grotesquerie, with one explaining the decision thus: "Why should we interfere? It's none of our business.
News & Articles
- Film Review: Dom Hemingway
Dom Hemingway | B Moments after the lights go down and the projector light hits the screen, it becomes obvious why the once-beautiful Jude Law jumped at the chance to gain weight and play the comic grotesquerie that is Dom Hemingway . Things kick off in a tight shot of Dom’s mutton-chopped visage as he launches into a profane Shakespearean soliloquy to his cock. Frothing with masculine pride ...
April 17, 2014 - Detroit Metro Times
- Daniel Clowes in WFAA
My comics have a certain detailed obsession about getting a certain type of human grotesquerie on paper,Mr. Clowes said at the Sundance Film Festival in January, a drowsy Mr. Zwigoff at his side. "I think Terry has that on film to some...