grindstone : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a revolving stone shaped like a disk; used to grind or sharpen or polish edge tools
- She held his nose to the grindstone, but also lavished him with love.
- Has ably balanced the spectacle and the grindstone allowing the public to feel an intimacy with his life and family, while retaining a formal distance as he handles business.
- All the nose-to- the-grindstone maxims of Benjamin Franklin found eager Wasp readers.
News & Articles
- HOROSCOPES: June 20
GEMINI (May 21-June 20) — Do your best, whether you're working for someone else or for yourself. In fact, if you really put your nose to the grindstone, you're likely to yield higher dividends than you ever thought possible.
June 20, 2013 - The Oakland Press
- PlayStation Plus: Saints Row: The Third Free for Members
After an incredible week at E3 , we’re back in action with our noses to the grindstone, so to speak. You likely saw the announcements that touched on PlayStation Plus , and we’re looking forward to sharing more news with you in the coming months on PS Plus and the benefits of one membership across PS3 , PS Vita , and now PS4 ; of which we confirmed will have an Instant Game Collection.
June 17, 2013 - PlayStation Blog
- Daves Fire at 70 percent containment
MENDOCINO NATIONAL FOREST, Calif. – Officials said Friday night that the largest of 15 lightning-caused fires on the Mendocino National Forest was nearing full containment. The Daves Fire remained at 300 acres Friday night, with containment having more than doubled to reach 70 percent during the day, according to a forest report. It was found on the Grindstone Ranger District Wednesday afternoon ...
June 15, 2013 - Lake County News
- Colby Armstrong in USA Today
It's definitely a big team effort and all of us should be happy with the way things are going,said winger Colby Armstrong, who had an assist. "But we have to keep our nose to the grindstone and keep things going."
- Wade Phillips in International Herald Tribune
It puts your nose back to the grindstone, it shows you you're not invincible,coach Wade Phillips said Monday. "It's a different feeling for us, and we don't want to lose again."
- Barry Zito in Sports Network
Wins aren't definitely everything for a pitcher,Zito said. "I'm really happy the team has won the games I've started recently. For me, individually, things could be a lot better right now. I've just got to keep my nose to the grindstone."