greengrocer : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a grocer who sells fresh fruits and vegetables
- The range of options can be overwhelming a greengrocer section boasting thirty different varieties of tomato, or have a dozen different shelves stocked with teas.
- Too well known was the story of the Ohio youth inept at books, fond of dabbling with chemicals, both greengrocer and publisher in his teens, boxed on the ears (and deafened for .
- But when they learned that the captive Nasrallahs were not related to the Hizballah leader one was a greengrocer, another a plasterer the Israelis sent them back to .
News & Articles
- Cobble Hill Grocery Store Pits Celery Stalks Against Incoming J.Crew
Chinos or cucumbers? After twelve years in business, Pacific Green has been told to pack up its awnings and vacate its retail space at the corner of Court Street and Pacific in Cobble Hill to make room for a swanky, new two-level J.Crew shop . The greengrocer and corner store's owners have approached its landlord with an offer to pay a higher rent in exchange for an extended lease, but the ...
June 19, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Gordon Ramsay in Vancouver Sun
Great fast food depends on using top quality ingredients,Ramsay writes. "Finding a good butcher, fish supplier, and farmers' market or greengrocer is the key."
- Jillian Skinner in Sydney Morning Herald
We've had the butcher wasn't paid so meats are not provided to hospitals, the greengrocer - I know that doctors' own salaries are not being paid on time,Ms Skinner said...
- Vaclav Havel in Christian Science Monitor
In this revolt the greengrocer steps out of living within the lie,wrote Mr. Havel. "He discovers once more his suppressed identity and dignity. He gives his freedom a concrete significance. His revolt is an attempt to live within the...