grackle : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n glossy black Asiatic starling often taught to mimic speech
- n long-tailed American blackbird having iridescent black plumage
- The case of Austin's dead birds created an acrimonious divide between the pro- and anti- grackle camps.
- The scientific Seton could count the feathers on a grackle (4,915); the romantic Seton attributed human characteristics to crows, wolves and rabbits.
- He whipped up topcoats of grouse, full-length evening coats of grackle, blouses of speckled hen feathers and wove materials half in tweed and half in pin feathers.
News & Articles
- Put a bird on it!
A Great-tailed Grackle sits atop the Douwe Blumberg sculpture "Birds of Valencia" on an overcast afternoon at Bridgeport Marketplace in Valencia on Wednesday.
July 11, 2013 - The Signal