- n a zealously energetic person (especially a salesman)
- n a native or resident of Minnesota
- n any of various terrestrial burrowing rodents of Old and New Worlds; often destroy crops
- n burrowing rodent of the family Geomyidae having large external cheek pouches; of Central America and southwestern North America
- n burrowing edible land tortoise of southeastern North America
- Animal activists are protesting ATT's use of gophers.
- I've been avoiding comment on the stuffed-gopher museum in Torrington, Alberta.
- Just this week three girls from Boonville, California two 8 year-olds and one 9 year-old were charged with attempted murder for allegedly sneaking pellets of gopher .
News & Articles
- Gopher Chalk Talk at Eagle Ridge
Despite gray clouds and rain, a bus full of Golden Gopher coaches pulled into the Eagle Ridge Golf Course parking lot shortly after 10 a.m. on Thursday.
June 22, 2013 - Grand Rapids Herald-Review
- Mac and Mac's Pick: The case of the missing gopher feet
The University of Minnesota has the "golden gophers" as their team name. In Viola Minnesota, the residents have "Gopher Count Days"
June 22, 2013 - WEEK News 25 Central Illinois
- Gopher tortoise workshop set for July 9 in Fernandina Beach
The latest in a series of regional workshops to discuss a revised gopher tortoise management plan and its permitting guidelines will be held from 1 to 4 p.m. Tuesday July 9, at the Fort Clinch Visitor Center Community Room at 2601 Atlantic Ave. in Fernandina Beach.
June 18, 2013 - The Florida Times-Union
- Butch Kinerney in Guardian Unlimited
The Corps can give communities 12 months to make corrections - sometimes it's just a matter of "filling gopher holes," Kinerney said.
- Tubby Smith in SI.com
Gopher basketball has been pretty sound,Smith said. "There's been some slippage, but you go through cycles. One of the reasons I came here was because I see the potential in Minnesota basketball and what it means to so many people. There's...
- Tim Brewster in SuperPrep.com
We look forward to having Marqueis back with the Gopher football program soon,Brewster said.