- n (Jewish folklore) an artificially created human being that is given life by supernatural means
- n a mechanism that can move automatically
- The former is a lawyer in New York's department of receipts and disbursements; the latter a female golem, an artificial being that Puttermesser fashioned from potting soil.
- Director Ulrich Edel hews to a semidocumentary style, but his message is out of the classic German monster movies: There is a golem inside us all, and its name is apathy.
- The star of such red-meat melodramas as The Chronicles of Riddick and xXx has the huge, smooth head of an outdoor sculpture, a bad Buddha, and the dull eyes and mouth of a golem who .
News & Articles
- Nordic Games acquires two Atari intellectual properties
Nordic Games announced this morning it has obtained the intellectual property rights to Desperados and Silver . Both IPs were purchased from the latest crusty incarnation of Atari , a shriveled golem given life by licensing, currently chopping off its limbs and selling itself in pieces . Desperados was a Wild West stealth tactics game that had two installments in 2001 and 2006, both developed by ...
June 24, 2013 - Joystiq
- Richard I. Cohen in Ha'aretz
He's the Golem, the automaton that the mystics animated with magic spells,Cohen writes. "He's the man prophesized in the Zohar, come to finish the unfinished work of Saul and wipe out Amalek."
- White in Ha'aretz
Whyte says that "in the dimension of vision, 'Golem 13' deals with the melding of kabbalist mysticism with the most advanced technology. The development of artificial intelligence establishes new horizons that not long ago were considered imaginary....