goiter : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n abnormally enlarged thyroid gland; can result from underproduction or overproduction of hormone or from a deficiency of iodine in the diet
- The established theory is that goiter is due to lack of iodine in food drink.
- An impression has spread through this country that goiter, particularly in children, is a frequent sequence of communicable disease.
- Much has been said of the giving of small quantities of iodin regularly to growing children in districts where goiter is frequent, and the accumulated scientific evidence seems .
News & Articles
- The surgical treatment of bilateral benign nodular goiter
About 100,000 thyroid operations are performed in Germany each year, a large percentage of them for the treatment of benign thyroid disease (euthyroid nodular goiter). In the current issue of Deutsches Aerzteblatt International, Nada Rayes and colleagues suggest a paradigm shift in the treatment of such lesions. The article is accompanied by an editorial by Roland Gaertner.
April 9, 2014 - EurekAlert!
- Neil Diamond in Reuters
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "This is like the Greek Theater with goiter" Neil Diamond said Wednesday at the Hollywood Bowl, referring to his performance 36 years ago that resulted in his hit album "Hot August Night."