- n a sweet but poisonous syrupy liquid used as an antifreeze and solvent
- n any of a class of alcohols having 2 hydroxyl groups in each molecule
- Then the researchers found that the propylene glycol itself was a potent germicide.
- Propylene glycol is harmless to man when swallowed or injected into the veins.
- In 1990 more than 100 Nigerian children died from a painkiller that had been made with toxic ethylene glycol instead of propylene glycol.
News & Articles
- Houston doctor accused of poisoning lover with coffee
By VERONICA LINARES, UPI.com Ana Maria Gonzales-Angulo, an oncologist, was arrested on charges of aggravated assault after she reportedly sweetened Dr. George Blumenschein's coffee with ethylene glycol.
June 11, 2013 - UPI
- M.D. Anderson doctor accused of poisoning lover
M.D. Anderson doctor accused of poisoning lover Houston Chronicle Copyright 2013 Houston Chronicle. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 11:12 am, Monday, June 10, 2013 The coffee tasted sweet because it was laced with a sweet-tasting toxic chemical used in antifreeze and medical research, ethylene glycol, according to a ...
June 11, 2013 - Beaumont Enterprise
- Polyethylene Glycol (PEG) (CAS 25322-68-3) Market Research Report 2013
DUBLIN, June 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets ( http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/z2w4fl/polyethylene ) has announced the addition of the "Polyethylene Glycol (PEG) (CAS 25322-68-3) ...
June 10, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Chris Pearce in Melbourne Herald Sun
The FDA is concerned about potential risks from chronic exposure to diethylene glycol and exposure to diethylene glycol in certain populations, such as children and individuals with kidney and liver disease,Mr Pearce said.
- Barack Obama in MarketWatch
Unlike most vodkas in today's marketplace that use additives, glycol, citrus and sugar to improve smoothness and flavor, Crystal Head Vodka is a pure spirit with no additives. It is quadrupled distilled and filtered three times through charcoal... Dan Aykroyd http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Aykroyd&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH4BZnfgXHTew820jfmMoWiXGs0iA United Press International http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/2008/10/10/Aykroyd_pitches_in_on_vodka_campaign/UPI-73911223684703/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGkSLLVQdd_TPUAj89QpzaCOqzaVg Oct 10, 2008
42531 58380 gm Working with my Auto Task Force, GM and its stakeholders have produced a viable, achievable plan that will give this iconic American company a chance to rise again," Obama said.