- r with gloom
such a change is gloomily foreseen by many
- The latest curial maneuver came to light in a letter that Augustin Cardinal Bea gloomily read out to the bishops and theologians who serve on the Secretariat for Promoting .
- Thick plumes of black smoke from barricades of burning tires cast a deep pall over the capital, as many Lebanese gloomily pondered whether the country's feuding leaders can pull .
- If the progression continues, it is widely and gloomily predicted by the spiritual heirs of Thomas Malthus, there will be 7 billion people standing in line for their rations in .
News & Articles
- Justin Smoak appears headed up to rejoin reeling Mariners
Alex Liddi appeared to have been told in the postgame clubhouse that he is Class AAA bound. Liddi emerged from a back room right before we left and was sitting gloomily by his locker while a teammate or two headed over to chat. If he’s headed back, then Justin Smoak is coming up. Mariners mana
June 18, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Gary Lineker in Independent
It's gone lethargic again, intoned Lawro gloomily, as extra-time loomed. Not a showpiece,Lineker concluded - and the thought struck that relationships end with a partner being rubbished. "You're welcome to it, was the subliminal message to...
- Simon Jenkins in Taipei Times
Two hundred years ago William Pitt gloomily rolled away the map of Europe for as long as Napoleon was on the loose,Jenkins wrote. "At Waterloo, 10 years later, it was unrolled."