gleefully : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r in a joyous and gleeful manner
the old man had greeted her gleefully
- Moments after Barack Obama announced new ethics rules Wednesday, the Republican National Committee gleefully emailed reporters with some opposition research.
- Straight man Bud Abbott and whiny hustler Lou Costello combined their slapstick and pratfalls with a gleefully misanthropic sensibility; no one could be trusted, even, or .
- Many women appear to be gleefully accepting that challenge, according to an American Medical Association study now making the rounds among anxious parents checking in on the Katie .
News & Articles
- Losing hope in government
The growing list of government agencies intimidating private citizens and recklessly, gleefully, contemptuously spending taxpayers’ money on frivolous indulgences evokes memories of the old Soviet apparatchiks’ special privileges condoned by an unchallenged Communist Party.
June 12, 2013 - Miami Herald
- Texans rookie David Quessenberry tweets his truck was recovered from smugglers
When I spoke to Texans rookie David Quessenberry earlier today about his stolen truck, his face fell. It happened while he out of town in California over the weekend. He let fellow rookie draft pick Chris Jones borrow it while he was gone and through no fault of Jones’, the truck was stolen out of their hotel parking lot. Well today Quessenberry tweeted gleefully that his truck had been found ...
June 12, 2013 - Houston Chronicle
- Congressman gleefully hails ‘scandalgate’
Republican Rep. Paul Gosar gleefully hailed the accumulation of political controversies surrounding the Obama Administration as the key to winning control of Congress in 2014, at a speech before a supportive crowd at a Payson Tea Party meeting.
June 7, 2013 - Payson Roundup
- David Chase in FOXNews
Chase says the New Jersey mob boss "had been people's alter ego. They had gleefully watched him rob, kill, pillage, lie and cheat. They had cheered him on. And then, all of a sudden, they wanted to see him punished for all that. They wanted...
- Ben Brantley in Broadway World
Ben Brantley, New York Times, called the production, "Absurdly enjoyable! This gleefully theatrical riff on Hitchcock's film is fast and frothy, performed by a cast of four that seems like a cast of thousands. The actors themselves seem to be having...
- Neil Aspinall in BBC News
This great mass of shaggy hair loomed up and an out-of-breath voice requested a quick drag of my Woodbine,Aspinall said. "It was one of the first cigarettes either of us had smoked. We spluttered our way through it bravely but gleefully."