geology : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a science that deals with the history of the earth as recorded in rocks
- Iraqis like Isam al-Rawi, a Baghdad University geology professor and Sunni politician, kept their guns close and loaded.
- Rather, physics, geology, economics, psychology, even the arts all overlap in a kind of meta-system, with the principles of one touching those of the others.
- While studying for a final exam in structural geology at Colorado School of Mines last year, Graduate Student George Rouse, 33, was struck by a strange geological coincidence .
- David Hicks in The Age
He's interested in ecology or geology or zoology, that's what he'll hopefully be looking at,Mr Hicks said.
- Dick Durbin in Guardian Unlimited
Downstate Illinois has the coal, the geology and the commitment needed to make this project a success,said Sen. Richard Durbin, D-Ill., who had lobbied the Energy Department and the industry alliance on the issue.
- Dai Qing in Sydney Morning Herald
There have been many basic problems with the geology and local circumstances that just weren't anticipated,said Dai Qing - a Beijing environmental activist long critical of government policy - of the Olympics water project. "The...