- n a person who gathers
they were a society of hunters and gatherers
- n a person who is employed to collect payments (as for rent or taxes)
- If Kerry Sieger were a stone age hunter-gatherer instead of a 21st century molecular biologist, chances are she would have the taut, trim body of her dreams.
- Mothers have done it since the hunter-gatherer era--picking berries while suckling an infant, stirring the pot with one eye on the toddler.
- A modern-age hunter-gatherer of information.
News & Articles
- Grills Done the American Way
For us carnivores, outdoor grilling can be a bastion of tranquility. Enjoying an adult beverage and "checking the meat" seems to be one of the favorite activities of men during the warm weather months. Whether alone or in groups- like our hunter-gatherer ancestors- men gravitate to the flame; knowing they are fulfilling their destiny of feeding the tribe. Complementing a man on his grill skills ...
June 17, 2013 - Industry Week
- Joe Moglia in Forbes
I think the key for us is to be effective rolling out the strategy and becoming more and more of an asset gatherer,Moglia said.
- Josef Ackermann in International Herald Tribune
Looking forward, challenges undoubtedly remain; however, this is also a time of opportunity for Deutsche Bank,Ackermann said. "As a market leader in investment banking, and a major global asset gatherer, we stand to benefit from the flight...
- Emmylou Harris in Richmond.com
Most of my career,says Emmylou Harris, "I've been a finder of songs, a gatherer of songs, so this showcases, in part, that side of what I do."