- n inflammation of the lining of the stomach; nausea and loss of appetite and discomfort after eating
- Medical doctrine at the time held that gastritis and ulcers in the stomach or intestines were caused by excess acid, brought on partly by stress or diet.
- This inflammation of the stomach (gastritis) is part of the pattern of peptic ulcer.
- Back in 1979, Warren, who was then working at Royal Perth Hospital, observed a spiral bacteria growing in the stomachs of people with gastritis, or inflammation of the stomach.
News & Articles
- Minimally-invasive gallbladder surgery helps patients recover
Doctors at Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital offer a minimally-invasive surgery to help teenagers and children with gallbladder disease recover more quickly. A few months ago, Lily Pulido's playfulness vanished. "I got a really sharp pain on the top of my stomach," Pulido said. "Excruciating pain, I couldn't stand up straight or anything." What doctors first thought was gastritis turned out to be ...
July 30, 2013 - Local 10 Miami
- Study by Virginia Mason Physicians Examines Biliary Reconstruction Method
Duodenal anastomosis (a surgical procedure creating a connection with the duodenum, the first section of the small intestine) appears to be a safe and simple method for reconstruction of the bile duct system that can be successfully performed with low rates of leak, narrowing, infection of the bile duct and bile gastritis, according to a study involving several Virginia Mason Medical Center ...
July 26, 2013 - Newswise
- Chris Hughton in Eurosport
Spurs assistant, Chris Hughton, said: "He had very slight stomach gastritis but we're expecting him to be fit after we assess him."
- Michael Zorc in SI.com
We assume that gastritis is treatable within a shot period,Zorc said.