gardenia : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any of various shrubs and small trees of the genus Gardenia having large fragrant white or yellow flowers
- Flower bouquets of deep reds and burgundies will be set including roses, black callas, orchids, tulips and gardenia foliage.
- He apologized for refusing to discuss the fighting with his visitors and instead handed out fragrant gardenia blooms plucked from the mosque's garden.
- Companion of the gardenia boutonniere, the $100 ringside seat, the Charvet cravat, Corona Coronas is the mellow smoke of plutocracy, the incense stick of happy days.
- Reese Witherspoon in Fashion
Defintely gardenia is a big thing for me because my father - every Mother's Day or on my birthday - would buy small bouquets or corsages for my mother and I,Witherspoon told Women's Wear Daily.
- Carl Nafzger in ESPN
We had to get a race into her before running her in the Gardenia,Nafzger said. "We'd love to win a graded stakes with her. She's a well-bred filly, a good filly, and I'd imagine she'll fit pretty good in this race."
- Tom Ford in International Herald Tribune
It has a slightly old-fashioned glamour,says Ford. "My woman is a hybrid - she is a hothouse plant - not a gardenia, a daisy or a rose."