galaxy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a splendid assemblage (especially of famous people)
- n tufted evergreen perennial herb having spikes of tiny white flowers and glossy green round to heart-shaped leaves that become coppery to maroon or purplish in fall
- n (astronomy) a collection of star systems; any of the billions of systems each having many stars and nebulae and dust
`extragalactic nebula' is a former name for `galaxy'
- A clutch of recent studies reveal more about our home galaxy than scientists previously knew.
- Though relatively few earthlings are aware of it, they are embedded in a huge, disk-shaped spiral galaxy.
- Hubble went on to trump even that achievement by showing that this galaxy-studded cosmos is expanding inflating majestically like an unimaginably gigantic balloon a finding .
News & Articles
- Samsung Galaxy S 4 LTE-Advanced due this month with 2-3x LTE speed
Samsung’s LTE-Advanced version of the Galaxy S 4, the unsurprisingly named “Galaxy S 4 LTE-Advanced”, could arrive in South Korea this month, the company’s mobile chief has confirmed, as Samsung attempts to position itself as a key player in double-4G speeds. The new variant of the Galaxy S 4 flagship will make Samsung “the first Read The Full Story
June 17, 2013 - SlashGear
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom Product Photos
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom pairs a 10x optical zoom lens with a 16MP sensor.
June 16, 2013 - Forbes
- LA Galaxy fans choose a rather confused third kit
Credit to the LA Galaxy for at least trying something new with their recently released third kit. Major League Soccer's highest-profile team asked fans to both design and vote for the kit, a bold and risky choice.
June 16, 2013 - Philly.com
- Ben Bernanke in Bloomberg
We will have to see what happens between the two clubs, Galaxy and Milan. I have faith (in them) and therefore I've made my decision. I have a lot of respect for Galaxy, but I want to stay at Milan and I hope the two clubs can come to an... David Beckham http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Beckham&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE4maKqsEdUIwEw30Qi9s0xWYwHqg USA Today http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.usatoday.com/sports/soccer/2009-02-06-2517122658_x.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEgO1MXHCeifdaL0N4CCwNkQtupyg Feb 6, 2009
40846 52366 gale Bernanke said yesterday in the symposium's opening speech that the financial storm that reached gale force" last year "has not yet subsided, and its effects on the broader economy are becoming apparent in the form of softening economic...