- n United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters
- n a unit of gravitational acceleration equal to one centimeter per second per second (named after Galileo)
- n alliterative term for girl (or woman)
- That is less than 1 per gal, since there are 42 gal.
- Bulk water now sells for about 2cents per gal.
- More ambitious retrofits include switching from old toilets that use up to 8 gal.
News & Articles
- Monmouth Park Graded Entries
Post Time: 12:50 p.m. FIRST-5 1/2 fur; $20,000; clm($7,500); 3up1-JackfrostOfcrse3-15-Star Distinction9-22-GreenBananas20-16-Gotogo Bye 5-23-FearlessCowby4-17-SelectforMoney8-14-Fiji Boy 4-1SECOND-5 1/2 furT; $23,000; cl($20,0); 3up1-Sandy Key Gal 3-15-Exclusive Sarah6-12-Dan'sLastStand7-26-DebonairDncer6-13-Darn That Trip 6-17-OvertheBridge15-14-Seeyounthetwn9-28-Pink Hero 5-1THIRD-6 fur; $20 ...
June 30, 2013 - New York Post
- Marijuana's march toward mainstream confounds feds
[...] in just a few short years, public opinion has moved so dramatically toward general acceptance that even those who champion legalization are surprised at how quickly attitudes are changing and states are moving to approve the drug — for medical use and just for fun. Richard Bonnie, a University of Virginia law professor who worked for a national commission that recommended decriminalizing ...
June 30, 2013 - San Antonio Express-News
- Driver flips car into 30,000 gal propane tank
CLACKAMAS, Ore. – Disaster was narrowly averted Saturday after a car full of people went off the road and crashed into a 30,000 gallon propane tank in Clackamas, firefighters said. Just after noon, four people were in the car that crashed on Southeast Mangan Drive, which is a popular route to the Clackamas River, said Brandon Paxton with the Clackamas fire department. The car was reportedly ...
June 29, 2013 - KGW NewsChannel 8 Portland
- Sarah Palin in The Guardian
She added: "And take it from a gal who knows the north slope of Alaska, we've got lots of both."
- George Romney in Guardian Unlimited
Your gal looked lovely as always,George Romney wrote to his son in February 1967. "I sat next to her in church and asked if that ring of yours on her engagement finger meant what it usually means, and she said it did."
- Sook-Yin Lee in CTV.ca
She was this gal with a big, crazy mane of curly hair, spunky as all get go, and running around trying all different clothes on,recalled Lee, a former MuchMusic VJ and host of CBC Radio's "Definitely Not the Opera." "She was kind of this...