- n the dressed hairy coat of a mammal
- n dense coat of fine silky hairs on mammals (e.g., cat or seal or weasel)
- n a garment made of the dressed hairy coat of a mammal
- Feathers seem to have replaced fur on most couture runways here this week.
- For weeks the fur trade had buzzed with talk about the latest thing in mink.
- Recently the most reviled of materials, fur is the fashion set's newest plaything.
News & Articles
- Music City Theatre Company serves up seductive comedy with 'Venus in Fur'
If you go What: Music City Theatre Company presents “Venus in Fur” When: Through June 22. Performances are at 7:30 p.m., Thursday-Saturday Where: Vibe Nightclub, 1713 Church Street, Nashville Tickets: $12 (Doors open at 6:30 p.m., and each performance features a full cash bar to enjoy during the show.)
June 20, 2013 - Ashland City Times
- Spa celebrates 15 years with tanning 'fur' a cause
SOUTH BRUNSWICK — In commemoration of 15 years of business and a love of all things furry, Hawaiian Bronze will be hosting Tan “Fur” A Cause sales event from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday at 4095 Route 1 South.
June 20, 2013 - MyCentralJersey.com
- Correction: Fur, Fins and Feathers
In Brian Lowney's "Fur, Fins and Feathers" column Sunday, Monique Bertrand was incorrectly identified as Marie.
June 19, 2013 - The Standard-Times
- Terrell Owens in Washington Post
I would like to announce that due to pressures and threats from a certain animal rights group, I will be changing the genuine fox fur on my free program costume that I will use in the 2010 Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver, BC, to white faux... Johnny Weir http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Weir&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNESOvF0bsZNqKcotPIiTy6F7AVCJA ESPN http://www.google.com/url?q=http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/index%3Fid%3D4877567&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEf1QeqAEswZWwQYan1pR_tA8I04w Feb 1, 2010
40574 52081 fur It didn't surprise me," said Owens, who finished with eight catches for 101 yards in a game that often resembled flag football on the beach. "He'll be in Minnesota his whole life and buying a lot of fur coats."
- Nigella Lawson in Sydney Morning Herald
During a discussion on fur as fashion, Lawson said: "I feel going into a shop and buying a fur coat would be an act of weakness, but if I could go out into the woods and kill a bear myself, I would then wear it proudly as a trophy."