flogger : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a torturer who flogs or scourges (especially an official whose duty is to whip offenders)
- Ignoring him, the dominatrix works at a table laying out a fan, a piece of possum fur, a prickly teaser made of yarn, a hemp rope, a deerskin flogger and kangaroo-hide cat-o'-nine .
- Again again at Camp Lee and Fort Eustis, that venerable grog-flogger.
- He shoots the flogger, scampers into the hills.
News & Articles
- Billerica up early, down late
METHUEN -- The Billerica Floggers Green came out swinging, delivering a seemingly early knockout blow that would have sent most opponents down for the count.
Aug. 9, 2013 - Lowell Sun
- Margaret Atwood in Los Angeles Times
Most recently,Margaret Atwood writes in the introduction to a recent Everyman's Library collection, "she's been used as a stick to flog the enemy with, in various inter-writerly combats. 'You call this writing?' the flogger says, in effect....