fixative : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a compound (such as ethanol or formaldehyde) that fixes tissues and cells for microscopic study
- n a varnish dissolved in alcohol and sprayed over pictures to prevent smudging
- Its lasting quality has long made it a fixative for other perfumes, but till now its strong odor ruled it out as a separate scent.
- Beta-naphthylamine, used as a dye fixative in many lipsticks and chewing gums.
News & Articles
- AkzoNobel Personal Care Launches New Multifunctional Styling Polymer
Here is exciting news for formulators of styling gels and styling aids looking to achieve new product forms and performance benefits. A new fixative polymer that provides all the formulating flexibility, performance and special features they will need is being introduced by the Personal Care business of AkzoNobel Surface Chemistry at in-cosmetics 2014 (Stand 1J30)
April 23, 2014 - PlasticsNet