fishwife : Definition, Usages, News and More
- Among the urbane Oxford and Cambridge tones of the House of Commons, her voice sounds rough and raucous as a Liverpool fishwife's.
- Her Juliet is a fishwife haggling unsuccessfully over a flounder rather than a young girl losing the world and her dear life for love.
- In a stunning setting of blocks and planes, Lucullus faces a jury of five pale shades: courtesan, teacher, baker, farmer and fishwife.
News & Articles
Thursday 13 San Diego’s new math-punk supergroup Ghetto Blaster , featuring Ryan Foxe (Fishwife), John Cota (Hostile Combover, Rats Eyes), Greg Sudor (Irradio), and Cole Mears (Combover), will make their world premiere at Bar Pink tonight.
Feb. 14, 2014 - San Diego Reader
- Julia Gillard in Sydney Morning Herald
My first real contact with Matt was in 2002 ...... when he wrote that I combined the cheese-grater voice of a Footscray fishwife with the multi-shaded hair of a Toorak trendoid,said Ms Gillard, who represents the Melbourne seat of Lalor....
- Sam Raimi in TheCelebrityCafe.com
He also said that director Sam Raimi told him "You've come here today with the physique of a fishwife and that doesn't fit into our scheme."
- Alexander McQueen in Independent
Blow supported both Treacy and McQueen (McQueen described her as "a cross between a Billingsgate fishwife and Lucretia Borgia") early in their respective careers, putting them up in her flat in Elizabeth Street, Pimlico.