ficus : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n large genus of tropical trees or shrubs or climbers including fig trees
- When she finally found a way into the ficus via a nearby sapling, the trackers applauded.
- Instead of a more traditional ficus plant, a 6-ft.
- Even the ficus trees lining the street seem to be part of a grand design by Potemkin.
News & Articles
- Checking In: Hold That Chainsaw, Please
Let’s talk trees – since they seem to be the target of pending city legislation that will signal their doom. The recent elimination of towering ficus in the downtown area and the charge of the View Equity Committee to reduce any offending tree to 8’, strikes hard at the heart of our synergistic partners in [...]
June 6, 2013 - The Laguna Beach Independent
- Raman Singh in Newstrack India (blog)
Raman Singh, who inaugurated the drive by planting the first tree, said, "It was decided to plant ten million trees in Raipur district. I went to two to three places and planted Pipal tree or Sacred Fig (Ficus religiosa). In other place, I planted...
- Jon Walker in MTV.com
We had an idea to get a tour plant to take care of, in that whole spirit, but we have yet to do that,bassist Jon Walker added. "You know, maybe a fern or something. A ficus."
- Jerry Rubin in Santa Monica Daily Press
I think it's good to get all of these ficus trees landmarked as part of the Second and Fourth street historic downtown district,Rubin said Wednesday. "The trees have been there for (more than) 40 years and it fits the (landmark) criteria."