fibrosis : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n development of excess fibrous connective tissue in an organ
- Thus, cystic fibrosis won medical recognition.
- Less than 30 years ago, cystic fibrosis was not even recognized as a distinct disease.
- Lesser amounts can cause scarring of the lungs, which can lead to an irreversible condition called pulmonary fibrosis.
News & Articles
- Sarah Murnaghan is awake
Some good news for the 10-year old Philadelphia girl who underwent a lung transplant on June 12th. A spokesperson for the family says that Sarah Murnaghan is awake. The young girl who has cystic fibrosis remains on a ventilator making …
June 22, 2013 - FOX 43 Harrisburg
- Galectin Therapeutics Names Industry-Veteran Jack W. Callicutt Chief Financial Officer
NORCROSS, Ga., June 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Galectin Therapeutics (NASDAQ: GALT), the leading developer of therapeutics that target galectin proteins to treat fibrosis and cancer, today announced the ...
June 21, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation kicks off Great Strides Fundraiser
The Texas Gulf Coast Chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation announced today the launch of Great Strides, a national walk that generates critical funds to support lifesaving cystic fibrosis research
June 20, 2013 - Deer Park Broadcaster
- Dawn Primarolo in GMA news.tv
One in seven couples need help with fertility treatment, 350,000 people live with Alzheimer's, every week there are five children born and three young people die from cystic fibrosis - all issues that this bill addresses,Health Minister Dawn...
- Natalie Imbruglia in Sky News
Natalie Imbruglia, who is headlining the gig, said: "I met Jess in January 2008, at a charity event to raise money for research into cystic fibrosis. Jess had already been waiting for a double lung transplant for over two years and I was deeply...
- Ben Shephard in This is Nottingham
GMTV host Ben Shephard, a patron of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust, said: "I have been involved with the Trust for four or five years now and this is one of the most important nights of the year in terms of celebrating the success of Cystic Fibrosis...