- n the longest and thickest bone of the human skeleton; extends from the pelvis to the knee
- And when they get to the femur, she says, they present no evidence disproving that it walked on all fours.
- It was on my leg, I could see my femur, there was blood in the water I knew then it was pretty serious," says Yerby, who was 29 at the time of the August 1997 attack.
- The difficulty is to secure the ball to the femur.
News & Articles
- Boston Marathon bombing victim discovers she’s pregnant after release from hospital
A 39-year-old spectator wounded in the Boston Marathon bombings discovered she was pregnant while being treated for her injuries. According to the Boston Globe, Caroline Reinsch was being treated for a puncture wound that "punched a bloody hole in her thigh all the way to the femur, splitting the quad muscle" when the X-ray technician [...]
June 18, 2013 - The Lookout via Yahoo! News
- Saturday afternoon one-liners
Meandering our way through the offseason, a single one-liner at a time… – With an alumnus in charge, there’s a culture change afoot at Texas Tech. – North Carolina head coach Larry Fedora: “We don’t feel like we’ve maxed out by any means.” – The rehab from a broken femur for 2013 Notre Dame signee…
June 15, 2013 - NBC Sports: CollegeFootballTalk
- S.C. Denies Review of Ruling for Patient in Implant Dispute
The California Supreme Court yesterday declined to review a ruling that allows a femur implant patient whose prosthesis fractured to sue the device’s manufacturer on theories of strict liability for manufacturing defect and negligence.
June 13, 2013 - Metropolitan News-Enterprise
- Arnold Schwarzenegger in Washington Post
I had an artificial hip that was replaced around five year ago. With that, because it was vulnerable, the ski torqued the leg and it broke the femur because of that,Schwarzenegger said. "If I would have had that accident at 50 mph, which...
- Maria Shriver in Washington Post
I hope all of you say a prayer for his recovery,Shriver told the crowd. "I hope if you go skiing you don't break your femur, because it isn't pleasant."
- Mike Lowell in ESPN
He said there're two things, hip resurfacing and hip replacement,Lowell said. "Hip resurfacing, he said, is like capping a tooth. Cap the femur, cap the hip [socket], no pain. The only problem with a hip resurfacing is that the labrum eats...