feminism : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a doctrine that advocates equal rights for women
- n the movement aimed at equal rights for women
- For the next generation, feminism is being sold as glitz and image.
- I'm saying feminism was established, that the idea was, "Goddammit, we're going to have to have a political movement here to get what we're entitled to because it's not fair, we're .
- Not that 21st century feminism is likely to revert to 19th century prohibitionism.
News & Articles
- Outstanding Graduate: Rose Bern — A passionate voice
Rose Bern isn’t afraid to fight for her values. The 17-year-old, who recently graduated from Shalhevet High School and lives in Westwood, has strong convictions when it comes to feminism, justice and fairness.
June 12, 2013 - The Jewish Journal of Greater Los Angeles
- Eileen Atkins in Telegraph.co.uk
My skin crawls when I see laddish women presenting television shows who almost slap their thighs as if they're in panto,Dame Eileen tells this week's Radio Times. "I think: 'Stop. This isn't what we meant by feminism'. It's gone completely...
- Annette Lu in International Herald Tribune
The idea of feminism is not an idea to compete or to take over others,said Lu, who hopes to receive her party's nomination in May and win next year's general election.
- Pat Robertson in Feminist Majority Foundation
At the 1992 Republican Convention supporting former President Bush, Robertson said, "Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."