eyrie : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the lofty nest of a bird of prey (such as a hawk or eagle)
- n any habitation at a high altitude
- The outlook from Hitler's Berghof eyrie was not good.
- Falkenhorst means "falcon's eyrie," and it was his use of winged killers that swept Germany's new hero to his fame.
- The Walkers took a baby golden eagle from an eyrie in California, christened him "Caesar," trained him to fly and return like a falcon.
News & Articles
- Gregory Weinkauf: Mr. Olympia Phil Heath Rocks FitExpo San Jose
This weekend, FitExpo attendees were in for some huge treats, with perhaps the hugest being superstar bodybuilder and current two-time Mr. Olympia Phil Heath. I spoke with Mr. Heath this week from his Colorado eyrie, and opened with some casual curiosity about the effects of altitude on his training.
July 1, 2013 - The Huffington Post