- n the point or degree to which something extends
the extent of the damage
the full extent of the law
to a certain extent she was right
- n the distance or area or volume over which something extends
the vast extent of the desert
an orchard of considerable extent
- Juliet Schor: To the extent that the painlessness of purchasing online has encouraged people to spend money, and to the extent that many of us get caught up in a continuous cycle .
- But the extent of his influence across jazz, across American music and around the world has such continuing stature that he is one of the few who can easily be mentioned with .
- To an extent, Russia can use its vast profits to get its way.
News & Articles
- Edward Snowden Is in a 'Safe Place' in Hong Kong
The day after the U.S. government filed espionage charges against him, the first step in the process to have him extradited, Edward Snowden has revealed his current location -- to an extent. He is, surprisingly, in the same place he's always been. The South China Morning Post reports Snowden is still in Hong Kong. They don't elaborate where, though. Snowden is in a "safe place," he allegedly ...
June 22, 2013 - The Atlantic Wire via Yahoo! News
- Alberta Floods May Hurt Crop, Livestock Producers, Minister Says
Alberta crop and livestock producers may suffer losses from floods affecting parts of the Canadian province, although officials won’t know the extent of damage until waters recede, Agriculture Minister Verlyn Olson said.
June 22, 2013 - Bloomberg
- UPDATED: Reader photos tell tale of devastation
Across the Twin Cities, residents are discovering the extent of the damage left by Friday night's storm, with power out to more than a quarter million people and downed trees making streets impassable. Do you have photos you want to share with readers? Tag them #stribwx in Twitter or Instagram.
June 22, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Pope Benedict XVI in Los Angeles Times
I recognize how difficult it was to grasp the extent and complexity of the problem, to obtain reliable information and to make the right decisions in the light of conflicting expert advice,Benedict wrote. "Nevertheless, it must be admitted...
- Mahmoud Othman in The Associated Press
This will depend on to what extent the political parties will be flexible,Othman said in an interview. "But if they stay adamant to their demands then, in my opinion, it will be hard to go forward."