expulsion : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act of forcing out someone or something
the child's expulsion from school
- n squeezing out by applying pressure
the expulsion of pus from the pimple
- n the act of expelling or projecting or ejecting
- The Freedmen's expulsion would strip them of tribal voting, housing and health care rights (though they will keep those benefits until the case is resolved).
- Uganda's Asians meantime made preparations for what had become a flight as much as an expulsion.
- Nevertheless, Williamson will be obeying the expulsion order and will leave Argentina shortly, according to Father Christian Bouchacourt, South American superior for the Society of .
News & Articles
- Visalia Unified receives $10K grant
Visalia Unified School District will receive a $10,000 grant to research ways of bringing its expulsion and suspension rates down, said Todd Oto, assistant superintendent for Visalia Unified.
June 18, 2013 - Visalia Times-Delta / Tulare Advance-Register
- Italy's 5-Star seeks expulsion of rebel who criticized founder
ROME (Reuters) - Lawmakers from Italy's anti-establishment 5-Star Movement agreed on Monday to hold an online vote on the expulsion of a senator who publicly attacked its founder, Beppe Grillo, raising the risk of a split in the group. Senator Adele Gambaro last week openly expressed her unhappiness with Grillo's autocratic style, blaming him for 5-Star's poor showing in recent local elections ...
June 17, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Soldiers Killed During Overnight Attacks in Benghazi
Six were killed early Saturday in assaults believed to be retaliation for the expulsion of a major militia from the city last weekend.
June 15, 2013 - New York Times
- Ayub Khan in Common Dreams (press release)
The locality has been a hub of militants. Locals set up a militia and expelled the militants from this area. This attack seems to be a reaction to their expulsion,Ayub Khan, the local police chief, told reporters.
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
I am deeply concerned by reports coming out of Honduras regarding the detention and expulsion of President Mel Zelaya,Obama said in a written statement.
- Gordon Brown in Reuters
Iran's action, first the expulsion of two diplomats and now the arrest of a number of our locally engaged staff, is unacceptable, unjustified and without foundation,Prime Minister Gordon Brown told reporters in London.