ethyl : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the univalent hydrocarbon radical C2H5 derived from ethane by the removal of one hydrogen atom
- Ethyl ether, for example, is essential to the final processing of cocaine base into a white hydrochloride powder.
- Yes, if ethyl motor fluids are important; if certain medical sedatives are important.
- Instead, drivers are filling their gas tanks with ethyl alcohol, or ethanol, which is one of two fuel options used in a new generation of Brazilian cars called Flex.
News & Articles
- New Sasol O&S Tri-ethyl Aluminium Production Plant Proves Concept
HAMBURG, Germany, -- Sasol Olefins&Surfactants (O&S) announced today that it has reached an important milestone in the expansion of its capabilities with the production of its new ALCAT(R)TEAL highly purified tri-ethyl aluminium product. Production at the new TEAL plant in Brunsbuttel, Germany, which went on-line in June 2012, has been running smoothly for nearly a year. The full functionality ...
July 19, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Alexei Morozov in Reuters
A forensic study ...... detected the presence of ethyl alcohol in the crew commander's body before his death,Alexei Morozov, head of the investigating commission, told a news conference. "The crew commander's regime of work and rest in the...
- Henry Ford in New York Times
PIRACICABA, Brazil - At the dawn of the automobile age, Henry Ford predicted that "ethyl alcohol is the fuel of the future."
- Zaki Badawi in guardian.co.uk
Its chairman, Zaki Badawi, a former adviser on Islam to the Prince of Wales, concluded: "I see no harm in consuming Ribena and Lucozade which contain traces of ethyl alcohol and animal ingredients that do not bear their original qualities and do not...