ethanol : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the intoxicating agent in fermented and distilled liquors; used pure or denatured as a solvent or in medicines and colognes and cleaning solutions and rocket fuel; proposed as a renewable clean-burning additive to gasoline
- A Colorado farm town fuels its future on ethanol.
- Chip Somodevilla Getty Now a new study makes the case that ethanol isn't even the greenest way to use biomass as a fuel.
- In the battle against high gas prices, America is turning more and more to ethanol, the homegrown renewable fuel made from corn.
News & Articles
- Spot Ethanol Prices Pressured by Rising Supply
Spot ethanol prices are lower in most regional markets on expectations data would show building domestic supply for the week ended June 21.
June 25, 2013 - DTN / The Progressive Farmer
- Ethanol Leads Renewable Chemicals Market; Polymers Sector 14.3% CAGR Growth Forecasted by 2018 Says New Research ...
“Renewable Chemicals Market – Alcohols (Ethanol, Methanol), Biopolymers (Starch, PLA, PHA, Polyethylene & Others), Platform Chemicals & Others - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018” is the new market research report added to ReportsnReports.com store. (PRWeb June 25, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/ethanol-leds-renewable/chemicals-market-2018/prweb10867453.htm
June 25, 2013 - PRWeb
- Ethanol’s Discount to Gasoline Narrows on Below-Average Stocks
Ethanol’s discount to gasoline tightened to the narrowest in more than two weeks on below- average inventories for this time of year.
June 24, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Patricia Woertz in Washington Post
With this green light, USDA is surging ahead on our work to provide support to feedstock producers, biofuel refiners and infrastructure installers, such as blender pumps, to ensure that all the pieces of the ethanol supply chain are ready to supply... Tom Vilsack http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Vilsack&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHUevJZFslDlh6d6ixklE_01WjGiw The Associated Press http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iJyzjfzEIpsKoKS1z3DxwLpNSIKgD9GDFFA80&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFNiuJLAJSUSh6UeRQuWU5weHFoWA Jun 17, 2010
34284 43795 ethanol Where excellent first-quarter earnings of a year ago reflected steep growth in the ethanol market, our record first-quarter earnings this year demonstrate our strengths in sweeteners and starches, oilseed processing and our global capabilities in...
- Ed Rendell in Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
We could be to cellulosic ethanol what Iowa is to corn-based ethanol,said Rendell, noting the economic boost Iowa gets from producing ethanol the conventional way.