estuarine : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a of or relating to or found in estuaries
- Around Orbost, the land flattens and the river spreads into broad estuarine lakes, as if hesitating before its brown stream glides gently across the sandbars into the cold waters .
- The estuarine environment also changes when the balance of freshwater and salt water is disturbed.
- In similar fashion, estuarine wetlands and mangrove forests help shield human settlements from the storm surges that accompany tropical cyclones and hurricanes.
News & Articles
- State purchases 296 acres in Stockport, Stuyvesant
New York has acquired 296 acres in Stockport and Stuyvesant to protect the Little Nutten Hook property and add it to the Hudson River National Estuarine Research Reserve.
June 14, 2013 - The Daily Mail
- Game fish bill goes belly up in House
A bill that would have effectively taken the red drum, spotted sea trout and estuarine striped bass out of the hands of commercial fishermen appears dead in the state House.
June 10, 2013 - The Jacksonville Daily News
- David Kennedy in PR Newswire (press release)
NOAA has been pleased to support the implementation of the Coastal and Estuarine Land Conservation Program since its creation by Congress in 2002,said David Kennedy, Director of the Office of Ocean and Coastal Resource Management. "The...
- Jim Doyle in Superior Telegram
The park will be tailored to the strengths of the Wild Coast and will deviate from the standard Big Five concept. We will forge a unique combination of wildlife viewing, beaches, marine and estuarine escapes in close conjunction with African... Marthinus van Schalkwyk http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marthinus_van_Schalkwyk&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNG3oW1qNHeNeF8B6iEwS0ahX4Bx-A Dispatch Online http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.dispatch.co.za/2005/09/01/Easterncape/bpondo.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGxDnefm9CMr2oJOc8GT1aowjChdw Sep 1, 2005
34251 43750 estuarine I look forward to coming back to Superior after the management plan is complete and dedicating the newest National Estuarine Research Reserve," Doyle said.