esthetic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (philosophy) a philosophical theory as to what is beautiful
he despised the esthetic of minimalism
- a concerning or characterized by an appreciation of beauty or good taste
the aesthetic faculties
an aesthetic person
the illustrations made the book an aesthetic success
- a relating to or dealing with the subject of aesthetics
- s aesthetically pleasing
- To 20th Century taxpayers, one of the world's least esthetic individuals is the faceless Moloch known to them only by his title, the Collector of Internal Revenue.
- Dictionary of English Language defines as: "Of or noting a mental state of great calm, intensely pleasureful perception of the senses, esthetic entrancement and creative impetus .
- In all knowledge there are not three terms, as Locke thought, but two; Northrop calls them the esthetic (e.
News & Articles
- Dove Real Beauty Sketches And “Dumb Ways To Die” Win Grand Prix In Titanium & Integrated
With the win, "Dumb Ways" gets a record five Grand Prix. Two of the most shared and viral advertising campaigns of the last year couldn’t be farther apart from each other in tone and esthetic. “Dumb Ways To Die”, a PSA for Metro Trains, uses adorably violent animated characters and a subversive yet radio-worthy song to reduce rail-related deaths in Melbourne. Meanwhile, Dove’s “Real Beauty ...
June 22, 2013 - Fast Company Magazine
- Michael Bloomberg in New York Daily News
There's a lot of logistical as well as esthetic considerations. Off-shore is much more likely,Bloomberg said later. "If there is a large ape that starts climbing the Empire State Building, it might get in his way."
- Lupita Jones in International Herald Tribune
The open-space character of the mountain backdrop is an important esthetic and economic asset for adjoining communities, making them attractive locations for homes and businesses. We need to work to maintain the mountain backdrop as a cultural and... Mark Udall http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Udall&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGSSZRrdF5tu9LINDVDNcAjWdNn6g YourHub.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://denver.yourhub.com/Golden/Stories/News/Politics/Story~259212.aspx&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNG2JKvBNjlpqf4-koAI0RjeyFb9hw Mar 6, 2007
34213 43714 esthetically Esthetically, the dress is beautiful," Lupita Jones, a former Miss Universe who now runs Miss Mexico operations, said Wednesday. "It is the same model, the only thing we have changed are the decorations, which pained some people."