esprit : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n liveliness of mind or spirit
- Nixon also succeeded in conveying to his audience a sense of esprit and solidity at the top, even if most of the appointments did little to add to the public knowledge of the .
- In his eagerness to sweep out the cobwebs from the paper (PTI, April 18), he has also swept out much of the paper's oldtime esprit de corps.
- On an a recent visit, the battalion displayed an attention to detail and an esprit de corps quite startling to someone who has spent too much time around Middle Eastern armies.
News & Articles
- Theater review: "Dust Storm" an assured start to new Theatre Esprit Asia theater company
With "Dust Storm," Theatre Esprit Asia gets its inaugural gambit just right, delivering a work that is modest and ambitious, spare and emotionally textured.
June 13, 2013 - Denver Post
- Athleta Esprit de She – The Spirit of Her Race Series – Debuts in Cary on June 27 with 5K and 10K
--(BUSINESS WIRE)--On Thursday, June 27 Athleta Esprit de She, the nation’s premiere athletic event series designed exclusively for women, will make its debut in Cary with a 5K and 10K at the Koka Booth Amphitheatre.
June 10, 2013 - Business Wire
- ‘Esprit de She’ draws 1,400 triathletes to Naperville
Naperville's Centennial Beach was filled with cheers, hugs and a few tears Sunday morning as hundreds congratulated the women who competed in the Athleta Esprit de She Triathlon. Roughly 1,400 athletes from all over the Midwest participated in the event, which features a half-mile swim, followed by a 14.2-mile bike ride and a 3.1-mile run.
June 9, 2013 - Daily Herald
- Herb Kelleher in Dallas Morning News
The people of Southwest have always been my pride, my joy, and my love,Kelleher said in a statement. "Their indomitable dedication and esprit de corps have taken Southwest from a three-airplane dream to a 500-airplane reality."
- Ninoy Aquino in Inquirer.net
The foundation of the morale and esprit de corps of any military organization is a merit-based officer corps, issuing clear orders that comply with both the spirit and letter of the law,he said. "The effectiveness of any military...
- President Bush in The Age
These are unusual people, who are very courageous, determined and dedicated and I had this special sense, when I was with them, of esprit de corps,Bush told reporters.