- n a member of a people inhabiting the Arctic (northern Canada or Greenland or Alaska or eastern Siberia); the Algonquians called them Eskimo (`eaters of raw flesh') but they call themselves the Inuit (`the people')
- n the language spoken by the Eskimo
News & Articles
- Fairbanks hosts World Eskimo-Indian Olympics
The 52nd World Eskimo-Indian Olympic Games (WEIO) will take place at the Carlson Center in Fairbanks from July 17 through 20.
June 21, 2013 - The Bristol Bay Times
- Boyfriend allegedly kills girl's dog during romantic dispute
A necropsy showed the American Eskimo Chihuahua suffered fractures to its spinal cord just below the skull, allegedly from a teenager violently twisting the dog's neck
June 21, 2013 - The Grand Rapids Press
- The Eskimo Hunts in Miami
THE ESKIMO HUNTS IN MIAMI is the follow-up to Stefan Kanfer’s THE ESKIMO HUNTS IN NEW YORK, and is a quantum leap above and beyond that impressive series debut.
June 18, 2013 - Book Reporter
- Danny Maciocia in Sports Network
Having coached against him for many years, I have long admired Richie's abilities. He brings an outstanding reputation as both a coach and person and someone I firmly believe is an excellent fit for the Eskimo organization,Maciocia said in a...
- Kellie Pickler in Regina Leader-Post (registration)
I am this country bumpkin and he's an Eskimo,Pickler, who plans to visit Tootoo's home town this summer, told Us magazine. "I'm going to build an igloo!"
- Mike Maurer in Globe and Mail
I would like to thank the Eskimo organization and the fans for making my time in Edmonton the best part of my playing career,Maurer said in a statement Tuesday.