escapement : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n mechanical device that regulates movement
- It is surmounted by an escapement in the form of a monstrous grasshopper that devours each second as it passes.
- Thus the waves, regulated by the ammonia molecules as the escapement of a clock is regulated by its pendulum, keep to a steady beat.
- It is like a tuning fork which sounds the same note no matter how hard or lightly it is struck, or like the escapement of a watch through which the changing power of the .
News & Articles
- Bait ban in place for late-run Kenai River king salmon
In an attempt to conserve early-run kings and ensure adequate escapement of late-run kings, bait will be prohibited next week when the Kenai River's late-run king salmon fishery opens.
June 25, 2013 - Anchorage Daily News
- Icicle River reopens Thursday for spring chinook fishing
Less than 24 hours ago after announcing the Icicle River would close to hatchery spring chinook fishing, state Fish and Wildlife has done a roundabout and will reopen it again from Thursday, June 20 through July 31. The Icicle was closed temporarily to ensure meeting spawning escapement goals. According to state Fish and Wildlife the last 400 spring chinook needed for spawning had been achieved ...
June 20, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Fish report: Kenai River closes, Russian River sanctuary opens
The Russian River sanctuary is open and the reds are in, but low escapements of king salmon forced the closure of the Kenai River this week.
June 20, 2013 - Anchorage Daily News