erie : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York
- n the 4th largest of the Great Lakes; it is linked to the Hudson River by the New York State Barge Canal
- n a port city on Lake Erie in northwestern Pennsylvania
- Ted Strickland in MarketWatch (press release)
Ohio's greatest potential for creating wind energy is offshore in Lake Erie, and this partnership marks a significant step forward,said Ohio Governor Ted Strickland. "In Ohio, we have all the right assets to make offshore wind energy...
- Thomas DiNapoli in FCW.com
Even if the system is fixed, our audit of Erie County demonstrates that localities should seriously look at alternatives to the Statewide Wireless Network,DiNapoli added.
- David Riske in USA Today
I played in Cleveland where its close to Lake Erie and I still can't remember it being that cold,Riske said. "That was cold. I was out there shaking on the mound, freezing. I can't pitch with sleeves. I never have. I wasn't trying to be a...