eponymous : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a being or relating to or bearing the name of an eponym
- He didn't win American Idol, but Chris Daughtry and his eponymous band found huge success as the top-selling artists of 2007.
- Now 16 and still home-schooled, Hamilton has blossomed as an entrepreneur, building a miniempire of merchandise, including a perfume called Stoked and an eponymous line of .
- They meet in the eponymous city, he having lost his job, she having lost her fiance.
News & Articles
- As Polk sale looms, clan's last company leader looks to future
Bill Shea - Stephen Polk is the fourth and final generation to lead his family's eponymous data company -- a role and distinction he never expected.
June 16, 2013 - Crain's Detroit Business
- EU Recovery Will Be the Big Surprise of 2013: Johnson
The eponymous head of Hugh Johnson Advisors says a European recovery in the second half of the year will take shape.
June 14, 2013 - Breakout Videos via Yahoo! Finance
- The True Story Of Amazing Customer Service From--Gasp!--An Airline
When Barbara Apple Sullivan, CEO of an eponymous brand-engagement firm, accidentally dropped her passport in a Charles de Gaulle airport mailbox just before boarding a flight, she was certain she'd be stuck for days. But thanks to a Delta employee, she made it on board and had her future travel plans transformed forever. “Keep Climbing.” That is the slogan for Delta Airlines’s latest advertising ...
June 14, 2013 - Fast Company Magazine
- John Simon in Broadway World
Reviewing his performance in New York Magazine, critic John Simon wrote the following about Mr. Hughes' performance: "Barnard Hughes, as the eponymous Da, gives one of the great performances of this or any year. Always a solid and likable actor,...
- Salman Rushdie in guardian.co.uk
After the damp squib of the anti-Monica Ali protest in Whitechapel on Sunday, said Rushdie, "it is clear that, as many of us suspected, there are no strong feelings in and around Brick Lane about the proposed film of Ms Ali's eponymous...
- Miriam Defensor-Santiago in Philippine Star
If this is the case, my committee will be happy to limit itself to economic affairs, because, after all, that is the eponymous name of my committee. The committee is named economic affairs,Santiago said.